TechSpot

sound problems

By mario_2x2
Feb 23, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So i was coonnecting my usb to Mobo and decided to unplug the audio cables for more space. When i was done with the usb i hooked the audio cables back on the correct pins except this time when i started up my pc again my mic wasnt working and my left speaker keeps going out and comes back. Could this be a wire problem since i have checked several times to see if maybe i didnt get them on the right pins. any ideas any one.,

2. mario_2x2

mario_2x2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

So i was coonnecting my usb to Mobo and decided to unplug the audio cables for more space. When i was done with the usb i hooked the audio cables back on the correct pins except this time when i started up my pc again my mic wasnt working and my left speaker keeps going out and comes back. Could this be a wire problem since i have checked several times to see if maybe i didnt get them on the right pins. any ideas any one.,

3. OpTiMuSpRiMe

OpTiMuSpRiMe TS Rookie Posts: 211

if you have the mother board manual there has got to be a picture description of some sort in it to guide you through the placement of the wires..if you need the mother board manual give me the make and model of the mother board and i can find the manual from the maufacturer

4. peepnklown

peepnklown TS Rookie Posts: 136

I would uninstall and reinstall your sound card drivers to eliminate a software problem, sadly you might have damaged the card (you also might try to replace the audio cables if you can find them).

5. Ruben

Ruben TS Rookie Posts: 105

what kind of sound card do you have? Is is PCI sound card or do you have onboard sound and by connecting pins you mean connecting onboard audio device to the front panel on the PC case?

6. mario_2x2

no card im using the audio that came with the motherboard. its an Ecs L7S7A2.

7. mario_2x2

see thants the thing i already got the manual and set up the pins as told my speaker does work but it comes and goes.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.