Sound stream splitting? multiple plugs for sound devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanGris

I have an onboard realtec 97 sound device, and it has multiple plugs on the back of my cpu, Green, for speakers, pink for mic, then theres a blue, black and orange plugs also.

I dont know what the blue black and orange ones are for, but my question is this.

I have a headset with a mic, which had a seperate jack for the earpiece and the mic, i use both ventrillo and teamspeak but not both at the same time, and i was wondering if it was possible to plug the earpiece into something to just use the ventrillo or teamspeak audio streams, while having the regular desktop speakers broadcast the sound from a game and my sirius satellite radio. currently all sound comes from the speakers, green plug, what exactly are the blue, orange and black plug for? and is the above scenario possible? thanks.

Im not sure whether you can split the stream or either turning it on and off as you wish. But what i know is the function of those colour plugs.
It all means that your sound card is compatible with 7.1 theater speaker configuration. As i remember, green is for front channels, blue is for rear channels, red is for subwoofer and centre speaker, and orange is for middle (7.1) channels. Don;t worry about all these colours, it shows that your soundcard is good. However i've even came across with an integrated sound card which has 6 plugs (2green, red, blue, orange, red, and black).

ah, good to know, thanks. anyone know of any software i need to utilize these plugs? i have tried plugging things into them, only the green produces any sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back