Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I'm having a problem with my sound. When I open up Windows Media Player to play a video or a .mp3, no sound plays, the vidoe/visualizations play, but there is no sound. In winamp the song just doesnt play. HELP ME!!

more info would be useful...
laptop make and model
OS
is there any issues listed in the device manager?
has it ever worked?

bug

ok, Toshiba A70
Windows XP
No issues listed in the device manager
And sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Sorry, that brings up more questions...
external or internal speakers
does it work sometimes in certain applications, or sometimes in all applications...
was it working fine before? did anything happen, such as dropping it?

If it works sometimes by gently tapping it, or in and out sound, I would think it might be hardware... Just an initial thought.

Bug

internal speakers
if it doesn't work it wont work with anything
it was working fine when i first got it, but i dont know wut happened 2 get it to go crazy
and it doesnt work wen i tap it

thanks

Wow that was a fast response!

Ok, I would start with trying software, as that is the easiest fix... If it is a possibility, I would even try with a fresh install, but I understand if that cannot happen. Make sure the latest drivers are installed and you have the latest MS updates. If the issue persists, check for a BIOS update and then contact the manufacturer (hopefully still under warranty???). See if there are any known issues and see what it would cost to have repaired.

If you know how to get into it, I would verify that all the connections internally are connected properly, but if you have never been in a laptop, I wouldn't recommend it.

Bug

lol
iv already updated drivers, and the MS updates. I dont know much about BIOS. and i dont know how to get inside, and i dont fancy doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back