TechSpot

Soundblaster Audigy LS Speaker Problem (Subwoofer/Center Speaker)

By kennethf86
Feb 2, 2005
  1. I have tried all I could possibly do and I cannot come up with an answer, I have a Soundblaster Audigy LS soundcard, and Midiland MX-5 Speakers,these speakers need no drivers, and I have the newest drivers for the Audigy LS soundcard, I have gone through the programs and done so much that I could, I tried the cmss option and my subwoofer just never works. They are properly plugged in according to the instructions that came with the soundcard, I am running out of things to do and I've come here as a last resort, hoping i've given enough information for someone to help, if you need any additional information just let me know and I will do my best to help :)

Thank you for your time

2. startingcareer

startingcareer TS Rookie

1st thing have u gone to the windows sound panel,

control panel ; sound and audio devices problem ; under volume tab speaker settings Advance ; check the speaker setup.

might b default setup is set to sumthing else.

Other do you have THX console, if so u tried playing around with that and the other extras thown in with the card.

or u just have a messed sub box, which i highly doubt,

3. kennethf86

kennethf86 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have run the tests and my subwoofer works properly, I can plug the sub into my rear speaker port and the subwoofer picks up, but then I don't have any surround sound which is why I bought these speakers. I have the windows settings on the 5.1 speakers, I have messed around with all the options that I could.

all I know is the analog/digital out on my soundcard is not working, it's not being recognized by anything but the Creative program to test each speaker when it's put on "noise", so I know it is working properly, it's just I think I need some sort of a program or update or something so other programs pick it up....help please

---ok close this thread down, I fixed it---
    and since others might have this problem of their own, I popped in the cd and went to modify, and there was an option of "restore defaults" so I installed it, restarted and went to start, went to creative found the restore defaults, ran it, went to the creative speaker setup and I took it off digital output only or whatever, restarted and all my speakers work now.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.