TechSpot

Soundcard for recording music

By Hicks
Dec 27, 2003
  1. Hey all!

I'm looking for an usb soundcard for my Dell laptop. It's main purpose will be recording the music from my band and home recording, so the quality has to be tight!

Any ideas on which card to buy?

I'm quite an experienced musician, but all new to the world of soundcards, so if any parts of my story seem strange.... :)

Your input would really be appreciated!

2. tripleione

tripleione TS Rookie Posts: 154

Creative's SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum or even Audigy 2 Platinum are good choices for recording music.

However, keep in mind that the quality of the microphones and their positioning can really affect how good the recordings sound.

Hope that helps.

3. newbie5678

newbie5678 TS Rookie Posts: 33

Can we hear a sample of your music?

4. erickdj

erickdj TS Rookie Posts: 69

guys, he said it's for a laptop. He can't use a PCI card. Creative does make an external sound card that you could use, it's USB so it shouldn't be a problem. Its the EXTIGY ( http://www.soundblaster.com/products/extigy/). It even has Optical Input, so if you use it with a compatible player you sould get pretty decent quality. I've found that Optical connections provide VERY good clean signal quality.

5. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

I can't think of any other choice since its a laptop, like erickdj said before go with Extigy.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.