TechSpot

Soundcard problem

By cashblingbling
Aug 4, 2007
  1. i have a sound blaster audigy and when i play i play n e game the sound comes a little late, like in halo when i shoot with a sniper the sounds comes like 1 and half second later, same thing in call of duty 2 . so can somebody please help me out. thanks!

2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,393   +108

[​IMG]
    Is this what you have? Mix reviews on this one... Try a different PCI slot away from the AGP or where your Videocard is... Are you using Video card?

3. cashblingbling

cashblingbling TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 77

hey

thats the one i got, but why move it from the video card . yea im using a radeon 9200

4. tipstir

Well it might be interfering IRQ I/O (input/output) with it that's why? I say put it on your last PCI slot.

-------AGP
    -------PCI=1
    -------PCI=2
    -------PCI=3
    sound-PCI=4

5. cashblingbling

ok

thanks for your help.

6. tipstir

your welcome..:)

7. cashblingbling

hey bro

i did what you said and it didnt work the sound is still late , i just did the diagnostics test that came with the sound card driver and the direct sound part of it failed i dont know what that means can you help me out please . Thanks.

8. Jesse_hz

Jesse_hz TS Maniac Posts: 545

Sounds like the drivers for your soundcard have become screwed up somehow. Try uninstalling the soundcard drivers, then install the newest one from the website of the manufacturer.
    Edit:
    And If that doesn't work, then I would try installing it another computer, to see if the problem lies with the card.

9. cashblingbling

thanks man im doing that now

10. tipstir

I've sent you email pretty told you the same thing and a few other things you can try but I guess you'll all set.. have fun :)

11. cashblingbling

i did wat u said and the sound is still late , but the direct sound test passed, is there anything else that could be doing that..thanks

12. tipstir

What are you running in the background?

Software..
    Or
    What you load for Startup?

13. cashblingbling

nothing really got 432 mb free of ram 31 process running only takes bout 50 seconds to load up all the way, n jus norton antivirus 2007 and internet explorer maximizer thats all

14. tipstir

You have Norton AV 2007 disable that and try the game again. You need to see what's cause the sound problems?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.