Soundmax driver problems, help I have no sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK first off I have windows XP, and my motherboard is an Asus 94C800-E Deluxe, I am not using a seperate soundcard I am using the onboard one with my mobo.

Ok I wanted to use my mic to talk with friends online during warcraft using teamspeak. I baught a new mic, dident work no matter what. I tried EVERYTHING, ive read a ton of forums here and other places and tried it all. The only thing that was left that coulda been the problem was the soundcard or drivers or somthin then i found it. I needed to uninstall soundmax and reinstall it. Problem is I dont got my Asus CD. But thats ok I figured the latest drivers would work. So I
> uninstalled Soundmax via add/remove progs > reboot > reinstalled it using the newest mobo driver > reboot> and I came back and got the message "No ADI codec driver is installed"
Crap.
So after some forum searching, found that uninstalling soundmax uninstalled the audio drivers too and I needed to get them and put em in again. I have searched and searched and searched and I keep getting soundmax audio drivers . But I get the message "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run setup again." everytime I try to install them! Ive googled this error and found some information, but no solutions. Im very stuck and very much in trouble.

Ive been up all night trying to solve the issue. First I just wanted my mic, but now I want my sound back. Someone please help me.

are you sure you're using the right soundcard drivers? is it the one that came with your mobo? if not, then try using the drivers provided with your motherboard. perhaps you need to acquire the latest driver version from asus.

to check your sound settings, go start>control panel>sounds and audio devices>audio
you should have your soundmax digital audio selected for every field

Hmmmm?

94C800-E Deluxe
does'nt come up as valid board @ asus.
Are sure this is the correct model?

BtW
Welcome to TechSpot

Got it fixed.

Well I got it to finaly work. I downloaded the sound drivers from Asus, and yes the P4C800-E Deluxe is a mobo, I found it fine on the sight. And I installed the drivers using add/remove programs with windows intead of the setup.exe file. I dont know how to go about doing this tho, my dad did it, but hopefully this will answer anyone elses question. Because the 3 other Topics I saw on this subject did not have any solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back