Sounds cards, which one is the right one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan29121

So I have been using on-board audio for some time now, and I recently decided to jump on the sound card bandwagon and purchase a new sound card. I'm interested in some of the new high end sound cards that I am seeing around such as:

- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro ($130)
- ASUS Xonar DX ($85)
- ASUS Xonar D2 ($180)

My primary use for this sound card will be mostly gaming and some music listening. Currently my speakers are the Klipsch Promedia 2.1, but hopefully in the next couple of months I will be upgrading to the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 after I save up a little more money. So the question that I have is that which sound card will be the best for your money? I don't have an unlimited budget so looking at the price of the ASUS Xonar D2 makes me cringe (a little). The price of the DX is looking like its more in my price range. Is the extra $100 from the DX to the D2 worth the upgrade? Or even from the DX to the X-FI justify the extra $45? What would u suggest for enthusiast gamer on a college budget?

Hey Lou what sound card did you have that had the envy24 HT-S ???

Whats more important then SNR is , quality of DACs just overall quality of prodouct. High end parts...

Your envy24 was fine, Dont see why you would go to Xonar DX.. Your fine dont expect a sound difference, and if you do hear one, its cuz they just EQed the sound card @ stock,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back