SOYO SY-K7VME Fails to POST and no VIDEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, how's everyone? First time poster here. Hope I get this intelligible for all to read!

System:

Soyo ATX SY-K7VME Mobo Socket A

Socket A AMD Sempron 2400+ Processor

PNY 256 DDR SIMM Ram

Western Digital 80GB

Problem:

Picked up the mobo and case from friend. Installed CPU, Installed RAM, Installed Hard Drive. Connected monitor, Double checked connections. Powered up. No video, screen says "check data cable". No audible Beep to indicate POST. Both CPU and case fan run. *There is a "chirping" coming from the system speaker. Very quiet, almost mistook it for the sound a Hard Drive makes when it momentarily spins. But with the Hard Drive out itvery much sounds like a tiny frog dying at 5 second intervals to infinitly. Award BIOS has no information on this code.

Tried:
Resetting CMOS by connecting JP5 1-2 to 2-3 w/mobo off. Replaced Lithium CMOS battery. Removed RAM, HD, and all other periphials. I WILL get the Beep indicator for "RAM", ect. No possible combination of "adding-removing-swapping-componets" remedies the issue.

Thinking about trashing this P.O.S. Mobo after hearing about everyone elses troubles with SOYO.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! Jeramy

Has the status changed since your last post? I would check the pinset on your drive, that you have it set to cable select or master. If you are showing a conflict with your irq's (or is your not sure) you might want to make sure your cdrom is unplugged first during the first initialization, or till you can get to your OS. If all else fails start asking the universe is anyone would have a replacement unit for you. :knock:

Update 07-10-05:

I purchased a new motherboard (Gigabyte 2004 RZ) and installed the exact same components. System Posted first time, no issues. After reading the forums for a while on SOYO's mobo's, I think it was just a case of the mobo being a "questionable" product, so I've heard. Thanks for advice though! ~J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back