SP2 causes my system to crash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello! I just build another system and everything works great until I install the windows SP2, after the restart it crashes on the black screen with the windows logo the loading indicatior just freezes and nothing else I can do! what could it be? system is MOBO ECS 848P-A, 478 socket 2.4Ghz Celeron, 512 MB RAM PC-3200 kingston, Maxtor EIDE 80 GB, AGP 4x nvidia Gegorce TI-4200 64 MB video, Thank you for your help!

You didn't list your power supply (brand, wattage and amps on +12V rail). Are you using the one that came with your case? With only a few exceptions, the ones that come with cases tend to be poor quality. Do you have access to another power supply for testing purposes?

Power supply is the one that came with the case is a 350watts brand Aopen with 13Amp on the 12V rail, I know this PSU sucks but that system doesn't have a big load of peripherals, just 1 HDD 1 DVD-RW, 1 Memory stick, no system fans just CPU fan, I think is a basic system for the PSU unless you think the GeForce 4200 is the problem, I don't want to take the chances so I just tried with my power supply, (the one of the system I'm using it right now) and still the same problem, already tried different memory, HDD, PSU, so al last is the Video Card or the Processor, but i don't have another of his kind to test them, What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back