Space freak needs relief!

By vega
Jan 15, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ever since I bought ' Star Wars Xwing' back in 93, (& every space combat game since) I'v become hooked big time on this genre but over the years have witnessed few new titles being released, the last of note being X wing Alliance which I've completed a zillion times and as much as I love the freespace games, these games are nearly four years old!
    With todays superfast graphic cards and processors,I would kill to see X wings equivelant today for the pc (forget last years excreble 'star wars starfighter) but as far as I can see, there don't appear to be any titles forthcoming - that is unless someone knows different?
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Man, I used to play X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter on my old Mac 233 all the freakin' time. It was my favorite game...along with a Gravis Blackhawk joystick, I was in heaven. That and Escape Velocity...:dead:

I don't know of any good Star Wars starfighter games now, however. For the PC that is, Rogue Squadron 2 for the GameCube is fantastic. They would look really good! Oi. A game optimized for DirectX 9 in development now would be nice.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.