TechSpot

Spam + friend's e-mail

By Maurice
Mar 20, 2005
  1. Since changing my ISP, I shook off masses of ludicrous sex-orientated e-mails whiched flooded in at the rate of 20-25 a day.
    Now there is just one, "***SPAM***", which, up to now, are one or two daily, some days none, & they've been innocuous, the majority apparently from M/Soft, complete with their logo, offering deals [in $'s] on hardware/software items, up to today, that is, when one received, was " ***SPAM*** Super f****r's order 63 GCD...."
    Not only this, I got an absolutely genuine e-mail from a pen-friend, I know it to be genuine as she always uses a green background, & the content was normal, mentioning things that I had I had sent previously, the worrying thing is that the message heading was "Edna [her name] ***SPAM*** usual chat"....very strange, as if the spam e-mail got mixed with a genuine e-mail heading, how could that be?, it doesn't seem to me as if someone is hacking into my e-mails, or at least I hope not,....don't I get some mysteries???

Please help,

Maurice

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.