Speaker issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddystabz

I own Klipsch audio 4.1 speakers and they have been fantastic for many years now. However, they have an issue now to where I hear excessive crackling and popping even when I am not playing anything with them. Any ideas how I can fix this issue? I am prettu sure the sound card is seated well.

Thanks!

perhaps your power supply doesn't giving "stable" current to the soundcard?

what type of soundcard are u using?
~try to remove the soundcard and dust it out...
~check whether the sound appear in other soundcard or source
~or even try to fully uninstall and reinstall the soundcard digitally and physically.

The card is a Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2. Reinstalling it will not help since I just built this machine so this is a a new build and I recently re-seated it to no avail. It may need dusted off a bit.

hmm perhaps...
you know there's one ever said that even if you insert you Audigy 2 to lower PCI slot (i.e. from PCI1 to PCI 2 or 3) reduce amount of noise produced... you might also check that out... personally i do not have a Audigy 2 so...:x

I also would consider checking the power cord and speaker wires to the speakers as a potential cause of the crackling and popping. A break in either cord or wire or a loose connector could be the cause of such symptoms.

Ohm's Idea.......

Electrical resistance/ intermittentcy is the chief cause of noise in electronics equipment. Satisfy yourself by hooking them up to a different amplifier. Unless the crossovers are defective, the noise is likely to be coming from elsewhere. The closer the bad connection is to the beginning of the chain (IE the preamp), the more noise it's likely to cause in the output.

These have built in amplifiers, don't they? Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back