Speaker problem

By LFurstein
Jul 31, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone...I am a rookie and hope I'm doing this correctly. I have a speaker problem and no one at Dell seems to know the ans. Wheneve I turn on my computer, my speakers are dead. About 15min later they seem to come to life. I have no problems using headphones. I am running on a dell xps 600, and using XP media edition. My sound card is a SoundBlaster and using Creative software. Can anyone help or direct me in the right direction.

By the way if anyone is interested, I am located at the cradle of civilization...Brooklyn, NY
  2. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

test your speakers on another media player, like a dvd player etc. Then you will know if you have a faulty speaker...
  3. LFurstein

LFurstein Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks I tried that and had the same problem. When I booted up for the first time, the DVD did not play. Fifteen min later it played just fine. Its almost as if the speakers had vacume tubes and need time to warm up.

Also tried other speakers with the same results. Dell (through Dell connect) tested my Soundblaster card and said it was ok. They then downloaded new drivers and upgraded my BIOS. No results.

Dell now suggests that I reformat my C drive. Before I do that, I am going to reinstall my soundcard and if necessay uninstall and reinstall the Creative software.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. This is driving me @#$&*
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.