TechSpot

Speaker recommendations, please chaps!

By josbd
Jul 8, 2006
  1. I have the Audigy2 Platinum EX, and am at present running some old Creative 2.1 Inspires. This does sound pretty good, but I would like to upgrade. I am only interested in listening to music, and not at all interested in gaming etc. Therefore I would say 2.1 is absolutely fine.

I have a decent hi-fi system: Linn, Arcam, Mission etc, and whilst I know I cannot get that kinda sound from a pc system, it would be great to find something that doesn't "jar".

Any suggestions would be, as usual, very gratefully received! :D

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

since you're only interested in music, why not hook the audio output into your hi-fi's input? if you don't want to run wires you can buy wireless adapters for playing music as well.

I have mine hooked up to my cheap Logitech 2.1 and my 5.1 home theatre system. for me it's the best of both worlds.

Just a suggestion :)

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +25

4. KingCody

UPSIDE - it's one of the coolest speaker systems I have ever seen :)

DOWNSIDE - It carries a hefty price tag with it :(

5. josbd

josbd TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 289

Heheheh!!

Thanks chaps!

tbh I dont want to hook it up to the hi fi simply because I would like to use this on it's own, you know?

6. KingCody

no... i don't know.. (hehe :D)

personally I don't know why you would rather listen to music from PC speakers instead of your hi-fi system, but that's just me.

anyways.. good luck with whatever you end up buying :)

7. josbd

I will tell you why, King Cody:

Hifi in lounge
    PC in bedroom

If I run up the pc to the hi fi in lounge, neighbours will complain, big time, esp at night!

8. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 1,060

Look HERE second post down.

Regards,

Korrupt

9. josbd

Excellent!

Thanks Korrupt!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.