Speaker Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate29

My speakers will not function. Yes, they are plugged in and yes they are turned on. But everything that involves sound says an audio device is not detected. My speakers are new and are plugged into the right slot on the back of my modem...ideas???

Gateway, Microsft Windows XP Proffesional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 E2300 Intel(R) Cerleron (R) CPU 2.66GHGz 240 MB of RAM.

They shouldn't be plugged in the back of a modem unless you mistakenly used the wrong word. If the speakers are actually plugged into the sound card (or onboard sound) jacks, perhaps the drivers need to be installed or reinstalled.

If you find any sound card drivers in Add/Remove Programs, uninstall them. Did Gateway provide a CD with the soundcard drivers? If not, depending on what kind of sound card solution you have, you will have to go Gateway or the soundcard maker for the driver. If the driver comes as a Zip file, unzip it first, of course.

To install it you can double click on the .exe file or run it from the Start > Run box like any other program.

Okay, heres what happened. I got a virus and i meant to remove a music file but i accidently removed the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back