Speaker upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisbin

hey mates,
thinking about upgrading my existing sound system.
currently i've got a SB audigy which i'm very happy with. but my altec lansing speakers pick up an ungodly amount of static from my wifi, and my cell phone makes them hum incredibly loud if it gets within 8 or so feet of them.
so heres what i'm looking for in a system,
a: 2.1
b: good to excellent sound quality
c: medium to small size, this is technically a portable system so i'd like to be able to move it easily.
d: not hugely expensive, i'm not rolling in cash so $100 would be my upper limit, least for now

if i could get a 4.1 or 5.1 setup that still fits the other criteria i would certainly consider it, but generally when i want truly immersive gaming i break out my really high quality bose earbuds. (great base on those things, amazing considering their tiny) thus what i'm looking for is something that sounds nice so when i've got some friends by we can listen to tunes without stray radio signals improvising along.

Avoid speakers made for computers if you can. Try checking at some hifi stores and see if you can a couple of decent speakers plus a small cheap amplifier.

Can cost a bit more but usually is far better than all the plastic nonsense that is soundsystems for PCs.

Whoops, just noticed your budget.

Well, perhaps you can find some used cheaply..

i do have an old reciever and a couple small speakers that i could use.... but no bass. can my sound card interface with a receiver (its about 10-12 years old, standard right/left connectors in the back) properly, and if so what cables do i need?

you can connect your devices using this.i have cables like these but with a ferrite core.

or you can try this paired with this.

i have these two types of cable set ups & they're working fine,both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back