Speakers and Sound Problem, Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Altec Lansing VS-3151 speakers to go along with my Compaq 7500 than runs on Windows XP. When I recently turned on my computer a window popped up that said new hardware was found. I ignored it and later found out that my there was no sound coming from my speakers and songs would not play. But when I finally paid attention to the window that said new hardware was found, it stated I need to have the disc that came with the speakers to complete the installation. But I don't have the disc, so is there anyway of installing my speakers without having the CD that came with the speakers. I'd appreciate any help if possible.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your speakers don`t come with or need a cd.

See HERE

You probably just need to reinstall your soundcard drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

geneoice said:
how do you find out what kind of sound card you have on your computer?

If you have an oem computer such as Dell/HP/Gatway etc, the chances are you`ve got onbord sound, in which case you can get the sound drivers from your computer manufacturers website.

If you`ve got a custom built computer, you need to find out if your using onboard sound, or a separate soundcard. If it tuns out you`ve got onboard sound, then you can get the drivers from you mobo(motherboard) manufacturers website. If it`s a separate sound card, then you need to go to your soundcard manufacurers website for the drivers.

The free Everest programme will give you lots of info for your system. You can get it from HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back