Speakers need Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

taimuraly

I have got a 5.1 Samsung speaker set, PS DL-70 laying around and I have decided to use it with my PS3. I need to hook it up to an amplifier but don't know which amplifier should I buy. I mean what should I consider when buying the AMP. I got the manual for the speakers and here are the specs. Any recommendations are highly appreciated Note: Samsung sells the speakers with its own dvd player plus amplifier.

Attachments

• Speakers Specs.jpg
    Speakers Specs.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 7
The only thing I can think of offhand is using a home AV receiver. Bottom line there is, they're expensive and very powerful. Since I'm sure that youthful exuberance with respect to volume levels would come into play, the little Samsungs would probably be not up to the challenge and expire very quickly.
There's an upside to this, since you'd then have the necessary motivation to upgrade the speakers.

The link you've given is to a packaged home theater system. This is the reason the speakers are not amplified, since they are designed to work with the receiver. Obviously, if you still have the receiver, AND, your gaming console has an audio output you could rig it up that way.

The lowest priced AV receivers are generally in the neighborhood of $160.00 USD. The alternative is a new set of 5.1 chl. amplified units, probably costing about $80.-$100.00 USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back