TechSpot

Spec by Spec: Kindle Fire HDX vs. Nexus 7 vs. iPad Mini

By Jos
Sep 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Things are getting interesting for tablets as we move into the final months of 2013. Although Apple comfortably led the market since the original iPad was announced in 2010, Android is picking up the lead with the arrival of smaller...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,869   +889

Really awesome offerings. It is interesting to see that the Snapdragon 800 is reaching 2.2GHz.
  3. jreece10

jreece10 Newcomer, in training

Another impressive Android tablet to launch this week with some great features is the Ramos I-8 ($199) and is the world?s thinnest 8-inch tablet -- offering a 7.9-inch HD-screen and aluminum-nickel frame for a sleek design; similar in size to the mini iPad and is easy to carry... and almost as compact as a 7" tablet such as the new Kindle Fire, but with 40% more screen space -- which makes a significant difference in viewing tablet content (a key reason the iPad mini is 8" size)... the new Ramos I-8 also matches most features of the Nexus 7? plus MicroSD storage--

This new Android device also offers one of Intel?s newest processors with solid performance for a mid-range device. Ramos Technology has partnered with Intel to introduce the I-Series with 8", 9", 10" and 12" models ($199-$299)-- and all feature HD displays along with offers a processor with Hyper-Threading technology, which runs four threads simultaneously and outscores many mainstream quad-core tablets in benchmark testing --

More on these new models -- in the U.S. through-- Tab l e t Sp r I nt--
  4. waterproof

waterproof TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 235

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,977   +730

A compass??? Wow, how awesome is that? It's just what I needed (for what I don't know) but it sways my purchasing decision. xp
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,977   +730

An eagle scout? :/
  7. Pretty sure a compass is part of the GPS.
  8. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,067   +63 Staff Member

waterproof Skidmarksdeluxe Guest was just referencing the fact that it was missing from the comparison table. Also, you need a compass for things like turn by turn navigation, which is why most smartphones and tablets have them these days.
    JC713 likes this.
  9. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,050   +699

A compass is perfectly useful by itself, but on a device that already has GPS it's a bit redundant.

Amazon tablet sounds interesting, but don't they fill their tablet with a bunch of software like Barnes and Noble used to do to the Nook?
  10. I want a compass that points at what I want

11. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,334   +381

Wonder why it's so hard for these manufacturers to not put in a microSD memory expansion. You see them on almost every other device - smart phones, MP3 players, etc. But for some reason, most tablets don't have them. Weird.
  12. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,676   +511

As opposed to pointing to the North like it did since the first compass? Whatever you are looking for, it ain't compass... I suggest trying pointing finger, just not in a public place, that should do the trick, also saves money ;)
  13. its a plot of providers cell and cloud services, government, media providers who knows that you pirate their IP on your micro sd card, device manufacturers who are lazy to add micro sd slot or will sell month later same device with micro sd slot
  14. Kindles come with just basic soft ware nothing special.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.