Speed Problems When Getting Win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucumber

Hey lads! After persusion i have got a new OS, Win2000 Pro (obtained cheaply i.e. Free:D ).....i currently have ME and i am gonna re-format tommorow *hopefully*! But somebody told me that because it is a business OS, then performance and stability in 3D Games would be affected! Is this true because its kinda put me off a bit:confused:

Thanks

P.S. 100 posts, :D :D

Games will suffer a bit, although if you get Service Pack 2 and all the other updates then you will be fine. Those updates really helped issues such as that.
With that graphics card and processor and amount of RAM you have you should be more than fine for many of today's games. And you should find it much more stable.

Given your system specs you'll likely notice no difference other than better stability.
Performance is a bit dependent on what you're running. Compatibility might be the only real issue, don't expect to play old DOS games ;)

Personally, any operating system is better than ME. I would suggest XP to you but it seems that win2k falling into your lap for free is a definate plus.

No problems with speed :D 3DMark has gone up 100points:p ... this OS really is very good, i haven't used it very long, but so far no problems and i've been rather impressed;)

Laterz

2K is faster and MUCH more reliable than ME (anything is more reliable than ME) you shouldn't have a single problem with 2K and i think you will love it - I do.:)

Well its been going for over a month now! STILL NO CRASHES! This is so new to me, as i was used to experiencing 2, or 3 crashes per day on average...well thanks for your help people! And this OS gets a definate :grinthumb from me;)

Although....one query:confused:
Whenever trying to look at files on any of the PC's in our house (all have Win2k now) it asks for a password to get into that PC! I havent set any passwords, and i cannot find out where to change it:confused: :confused:
Any help would be apprecitated

Laters

you should have a single problem with 2K
Me thinks you meant shouldn't :p

if you are logged in as "Administrator" on your machine all you
need is the Admin password for the target PC. ...... or set up
the same users on all the machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back