Speed tests

circusboy01

I just did a couple speed tests on my computer.
The first one was 285pc Ping. 2.40mbps Download speed. 0.56 Upload speed.
The second test was 265pc Ping. 2.20mpbs Download speed. 0.60 Upload speed.
Are these numbers good? Thanks Ray ( hope I put this in the right forum)

With the exception of ping, they are nearly the same as what I have. Ping is a measure of time it take to get a response from a server. You could try a different server for different response times. However there are numerous reasons for fluctuation ping results, which could simply be a bad day.

With the exception of ping, they are nearly the same as what I have. Ping is a measure of time it take to get a response from a server. You could try a different server for different response times. However there are numerous reasons for fluctuation ping results, which could simply be a bad day.

I see you have a grade of D- which would men that my grade would probably be the same. That doesn't sound too good . Anything we can do about it?

Thats the way I feel to. However I do get tired of waiting for even low quality videos to buffer at times. But that could be as I mentioned above, just a bad day between points A and B. But when compared to many others out there, our service is horrendous.

It's not a matter of how slow your computer feels but rather how quickly you can get data from the internet. You are below average for your actual throughput - that's all the D- means.

Download speeds are usually higher than upload. Those speeds are fine if you dont experience slow downs.

My Comcast speeds are 27.6 Mbps down, 5.5 Mbps up, 6 ms ping - I don't know if you folks are on DSL or what, but if Comcast is available in your area, it's totally worth it if you download as much crap as I do.

My Comcast speeds are 27.6 Mbps down, 5.5 Mbps up, 6 ms ping - I don't know if you folks are on DSL or what, but if Comcast is available in your area, it's totally worth it if you download as much crap as I do.

I have Optimum and I get 50Mbps down and 15Mbps upload.

Comcast
Download 50Mbps Upload 10Mbps
50_1010.png

Comcast
Double Speed
Download 105Mbps Upload 20Mbps
105_2010.png

Comcast
Tweaked Double Speed
Download 132Mbps Upload 20Mbps
105_2011.png

Thats the way I feel to. However I do get tired of waiting for even low quality videos to buffer at times. But that could be as I mentioned above, just a bad day between points A and B. But when compared to many others out there, our service is horrendous.

I use Verizon. It seems to work okay. Part of my slowness is people stealing my wifi. I'm still using wep instead of wpa. But there are three computers in the house. So I can't change to wpa by myself. we all have to do it, and we just never find the time to get it done.

It's not a matter of how slow your computer feels but rather how quickly you can get data from the internet. You are below average for your actual throughput - that's all the D- means.

Below average. Hey. That the same thing D- used to mean on my report cards [0)

The cable TV company here is Comcast. But we use DirecTV . Do you have to buy Comcast for your TV in order to get it for your computer? You know. Like a bundle thing. Or, can you just get it for your computer. How much is it per month? We pay about $40.00 for Verizon.

I have Optimum and I get 50Mbps down and 15Mbps upload.

Never heard of Optimum. Probably means it's not available in m,y area

Picture me scratching the top of my head, going HUh? Went to the link, and it was just too confusing. ;0)

Picture me scratching the top of my head, going HUh? Went to the link, and it was just too confusing. ;0)

Small program you run on your PC that test your up and download speeds also can figure out if your ISP is limiting you from full downloads and uploads speeds. Free program. If you want to try I can put a direct link so you don't have to figure out what the programmers from the Univ was trying post.

The program doesn't get installed though.

I don't know where you saw the D- grade at, but I just did mine & got
View attachment 76711

Look at cliffordcooley's speed results in posts 2 and 4 you'll we see where it says D- Since my speed results are much the same, it stands to reason that my grade is D- also.
Small program you run on your PC that test your up and download speeds also can figure out if your ISP is limiting you from full downloads and uploads speeds. Free program. If you want to try I can put a direct link so you don't have to figure out what the programmers from the Univ was trying post.

The program doesn't get installed though.

Sure if you want to send me a link that would be great. Thanks. But I gotta warn ya though. If I can't figure out how to use it, I will be badgering you with questions ;0)

Yes, I saw that but not on the one I did. No biggie. :)
The grade for some reason only shows in the image from clicking on sharing the results. I'm pasting again from sharing the results link (BBCode is easier, don't have to worry about the formating).

Back