speed up PC

By wen9x88
Sep 14, 2007
  1. anyone here can tell me some suggestions that me can use to speed up my PC.thx you
    i think my computer is clean because i always run CCleaner,SUPERAntiSpyware,Spybot - Search & Destroy,Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0,Advanced WindowsCare V2 Personal.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Your computer is far from clean and unless you follow the instructions I gave you in your other thread, it`s going to stay that way.

Once your system is clean, then I`ll show you how to speed up your system.

Regards Howard :)
  3. wen9x88

wen9x88 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 113

okok..thx for you help
  4. wen9x88

wen9x88 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 113

howard_hopkinso ,now i think my system is clean.
    no more pop-up internet explorer,and i clean all the virus,trojan,malware with many many different software.
    can you show me how to speed up my system?
    disk defragmenter?
    but my computer not enough free space.
    anyone can tell me some tips to speed up my system???
  5. howard_hopkinso

If you don`t have enough free space to run a defrag, then you must uninstall any programmes you don`t need and backup any music/photos etc. Hopefully, this will enable you to recover enough hdd space to be able to run a proper defrag. This requires approximately 15% free space.

I suggest you take a look at this thread HERE.

As far as your virus/spyware problems are concerned, you`d be well advised to post the requested logfiles in your other thread.

I can then analyse them and advise you on any further action that may be necessary.

6. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

use that will test your computer to see if its peroming to its max
  7. Condor

Condor TS Maniac Posts: 388

hey Howard, out of curiosity: I wanted to know - what are the down size or side effects if I de-frag my drive even it didn't have that 15% free space? = 0)
  8. howard_hopkinso

It`s quite possible that the defragger wouldn`t be able to complete the job.

Taken from HERE.

9. rapzkilla

rapzkilla TS Rookie Posts: 53

well it might complete the job or it might freeze because you lack the disk space..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.