TechSpot

Speedfan reading

By Diresu
Jul 17, 2006
  1. I am thinking ( and have been told) my psu sucks and its not delivering stable voltage when its under a large load...Article in the os forum suggests to get speedfan and I did. Can someone help me with the actual readout. Not sure what it should be as far as the 3.3v 5v 12v output goes.

Thanks

Screen of speedfan window below

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/diresu/asdasd2.jpg

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

In a perfect world the voltages would be exactly 12, 5, and 3.3, but in reality that never happens. so the goal is to have them as close to those as possible.

your voltages (according to your speedfan screenshot) all look very good. but your temps however are all high.

the highest being the CPU at 64C :eek:

what CPU model and core do you have? depending on the CPU that may be a dangerous temp.

3. Diresu

Diresu TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 24

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4E, 3466 MHz (4.25 x 816) with Hyper Threading and a 1mb of cache.

CPU Alias Prescott
    Processor Properties
    Manufacturer Intel
    Version Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU
    External Clock 204 MHz
    Maximum Clock 4000 MHz
    Current Clock 3468 MHz
    Type Central Processor
    Voltage 1.3 V
    Status Enabled
    Upgrade ZIF
    Socket Designation Socket 775

Hmm, wouldn't think its overheating since the fan I have is huge for one, and cost quite a bit when I bought it. Lets see if I can get some Aida info on that...ok nothing in Aida...lemme see if i can look at the fan itself.

Ok, I can't find any info on that fan. I remember that it was a Volcano...sorry :(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.