Splinter Cell Double Agent Crashes During Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishilicious

Hey, dunno why this is happening but the game starts up and allows me to play for a while, but then it just freezes/crashes completely. I cant do nething but hit the reset button on my pc. it doesnt happen at a specific moment, just happens randomly. Any thoughts on why this might be happening??

yea

yea, that only happens in that 1 game, no other game does that. i play F.E.A.R, hitman blood money, doom3 and some others, but this ones the only one.

Do you have any software for temperature monitoring? If so, what temperatures do you typically get?

i do have a thermostat, but the problem is that i cant get a reading when it happens, because it forces me to manually restart the computer.

oouutt, that will only help loading times, not stability.

Can you give me an idea of the kind of temperatures you usually see then?

The 2 most common causes of your problem are too much heat and not enough power.

That's why i asked about your temperatures.

well if i play fear for long enough, the temperatures never go above 70, i usually get a reading somewhere between 63-67 degress celsius.

Do you mean cpu, gpu, or system temperature?

Personally, i think thats a bit on the hot side.

Perhaps you should google and get Everest home edition and see if your other temperatures are ok or not then.

I have this game too and also experienced crashes problems.
I've been able to solve my problems now. But first, I need to know if you had any error message when it crashed. When I played Splinter Cell : Double Agent, and after it crashed, I got this error message : "Visual C++ runtime error". I searched answers about this on the web and learned that I was not the only one at all to experience this issue (it seems this is one common bug of the game). I then solved my problem with advices from other guys.
Well... So the real question is... Do you get any error messages when Splinter Cell crashes ?

Splinter Cell crashing!

Hello All,
I get the same problem during game play, when it happens all the graphics kinda get messed up and the computer crashes and I get a blue screen, and the only way to get out of it is to manualy restart!
Any Suggestions??

Thanks

Make sure you have the following:

1)Latest video card drivers

2)Latest direct X

3)latest c++ runtime

4)all available patches for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back