TechSpot

'Splinter Cell' movie gets a new writer, filming gets under way in August

By Shawn Knight
Apr 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Sheldon Turner has been tapped to revise a script for the big screen adaptation of Ubisoft's hit franchise Splinter Cell. According to a report from Deadline, the scribe will pick up where American Hustle writer Eric Warren Singer left off...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,485   +2,038

Methinks this movies won't trouble the movies that have Oscar nomination aspirations. Movies based on games never do. I pass this one up without delving any deeper.

3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,390   +329

If a good combination of writers, studio, actors etc. Are all good then the film would be beast!

4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

As long as they stay true to the game without just making a photo-copy of one of the games and keep the writing clever like the games then it will be fine as far as im concerned.

But thats always been a stretch with game movies.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,485   +2,038

I watched the movie Doom a few years back. I still get the shivers thinking about how they could've made such trash and still called it a movie yet the game was great. That ruined it for me.

6. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

I actually thought that movie was alright, but I did not count it as a Doom the Game Movie. I like most movies that Karl Urban play a lead role in because he takes his acting especially in game or comic book movies very seriously. The new Dredd Movie was amazing with him playing Dredd.