Splitting NIC allocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ididmyc600

Hi all...

I want to run a PC to seed torrent files, the box will have its own cable modem and be capable of 20MB download speed,(thats sorted out already)

Thing is the PC will be a standalone box no monitor KB or mouse.

But

I want to link the PC to my home network which will allow me to transfer the files to my server PC (and allow me remote control of it) and watch the downloaded files on my networked media box.

Problem:

My home network is already web connected via another cable modem through the router (all the family PC's use this connection)

How will I tell the PC to use the NIC that the cable modem is plugged into for the internet and use the other NIC that is connected to the home network just for file transfer.

I want the above setup as when i run my torrent program it sucks the bandwidth dry, also i want to set the box up as an FTP server, i can do that ok i just need an idea how to achieve the aforementioned.

Regards

setup the net this way:

1. user pc at some ip (192.168.0.10) for normal internet use (default route 192.168.0.1)
  2. add the second NIC and set it's address as 192.168.0.128
  3. setup the other machine as 192.168.1.20
  4. add a route 192.168.1.20 to 192.168.1.128
  5. make the torrent system defaiult route to isp#2 gateway

add a name for the torrent system to your host file on the daily pc
192.168.1.20 torrentSystemName​

now any action (ftp or mapped drives) for torrentSystemName will be properly
routed to the second system.

You can also reverse the action to allow torrentSystemName -> daily in the same way.
192.168.0.10 daily​

I read you to have this ISP mapping
Code:
isp#1---(1)dailySys (2) ----- (3) torrentSystem(4) --- isp#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back