Spontaneous rebooting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi! hope i'm posting in the right place...my husband and i are trying to get some advice on what the heck could be wrong with my computer.

for a few weeks its has been just spontaneously rebooting for whatever reason, we have no idea!

we found info on another board about setting it so that it would give a message instead of rebooting if there's a problem...but it still reboots! just this morning it did actually give me a blue screen with a huge long message about what happened but i couldn't write any of it down before it rebooted. but once it was back up again, it said "the system has recovered from a serious error." and this:

"error signature
BCCode: 9c BCP1: 00000004 BCP2:80 54A570 BCP3: B2000000 BCP4: 00070F0F OSVer: 5:1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1"

and then it gave the option to read more, so i clicked that and this came up:
Error Report Contents
C:\DOCUME~1\Tina\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER17ff.dir00\Mini 1100907 -01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Tina\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER17ff.dir00\sysdata.xml

my husband is thinking it may be some sort of hardware failure...but we really don't know what's going on...any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

tina

Hi,

Yes,that error can be caused by several hardware issues including (and I mostly quote) -

1. - Damaged memory or memory that is not the correct type for your computer.

If you recently changed the memory configuration, revert to the previous configuration
to determine what is wrong.

Make sure that you are using the correct memory for your computer.
Run memtest See HERE for details

2.- Failing power supplies,and outmatched power supplies.Have you added more hardware recently ?

3. - Extreme thermal conditions caused by the failure of cooling devices.
Make sure that your fans are all working,and clean the dust from your computer.

See HERE

4.- Overclocking - unlikely to be the cause in this particular case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back