Spooky monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodsu

I just noticed my Philips monitor glows in the dark... :eek:

Seriously, even after being turned off for hours, you can see the screen in a dark room. And it's not the monitor in suspend, I mean it's turned off from the power switch. The glow goes away if you unplug the monitor.

Has anybody heard of this before?

P.S.
And no, I'm not on any kind of medication :p

To me it's clearly a case of demonic monitor possession. It's a very delicate situation & must be dealt with utmost precautions.

Step 1. Get a very sharp wooden object & lots of garlic. Demonic monitors are known to summon Vampires & similar creatures whenever they feel threatened. Some people are lucky, allready smell like garlic thus having a natural protection but that's another matter.:p

Step 2. Find a day on the calendar where Mars is aligned with Jupiter & where there' isn't a full moon. Things went really bad last time we tried an exorcism on a full moon. Let's just say, Spliffeh will never be the same again.:(

Step 3. Start splashing Holy Water on the monitor while a friend of yours recites the Bible v0.7b ( the Ad-Free Latin one ). Be very carefull for once you start, the monitor will start spitting out acid at it's nearest enemy.

Step 4. After a while, the monitor should start blinking. That means the good part still alive in it is trying to break free. This is where you must be strong. With the Holy Hammer Of Justice ( HHOJ © ), you must strike repeatedly on the top while saying "Icky Icky Patang !!!".

There should be a big explosion involving lots of light, fireworks, big disco balls & minute maid juice ( don't ask me about the juice part, I didn't choose that :dead: ). Your monitor should either be back in normal mode or completely dead if the demon decided to take its soul with him, in which case we can only pray for that poor monitor's soul.

Originally posted by Nodsu
Has anybody heard of this before?
Its normal, if what you mean is when its completely dark you can still see where the monitor is. I've noticed this with several different monitors.

The phosphor coating on the screen retains the ability to light up for a bit after the monitor is turned off, if you leave it on for a long period of time it will retain it longer. It is perfectly normal, older monitors used to have a problem resulting from this called "burn-in" Monitors today don't have these problems because of advances in technology. I can't remember exactly what it was that changed this so I don't want to tell you the wrong thing. I'm not an engineer after all, I'm just a technician... :D

Originally posted by Didou
To me it's clearly a case of demonic monitor possession. It's a very delicate situation & must be dealt with utmost precautions.

Step 1. Get a very sharp wooden object & lots of garlic. Demonic monitors are known to summon Vampires & similar creatures whenever they feel threatened. Some people are lucky, allready smell like garlic thus having a natural protection but that's another matter.:p

Step 2. Find a day on the calendar where Mars is aligned with Jupiter & where there' isn't a full moon. Things went really bad last time we tried an exorcism on a full moon. Let's just say, Spliffeh will never be the same again.:(

Step 3. Start splashing Holy Water on the monitor while a friend of yours recites the Bible v0.7b ( the Ad-Free Latin one ). Be very carefull for once you start, the monitor will start spitting out acid at it's nearest enemy.

Step 4. After a while, the monitor should start blinking. That means the good part still alive in it is trying to break free. This is where you must be strong. With the Holy Hammer Of Justice ( HHOJ © ), you must strike repeatedly on the top while saying "Icky Icky Patang !!!".

There should be a big explosion involving lots of light, fireworks, big disco balls & minute maid juice ( don't ask me about the juice part, I didn't choose that :dead: ). Your monitor should either be back in normal mode or completely dead if the demon decided to take its soul with him, in which case we can only pray for that poor monitor's soul.

The sad thing is that I actually started reading this post in great detail, as I thought there was some truth to it!

YOU FORGOT THE CANDLES !!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

:haha:

This should be something in Clive Barker's Undying...

Damn! I thought doing this exorcism stuff too, but I forgot garlic and bought couple of chickens, a goat and a very sharp knife :(

I know that a monitor glows afterwards, but the point is that it goes away immediately after I unplug the monitor.

I'll experiment with this demon some more, maybe I can make money by demonstrating (what a pun, eh! :D) the beast to some religious freaks.

P.S.

Does anybody know where I can buy upside-down crucifixes? :confused: :p

I'll experiment with this demon some more, maybe I can make money by demonstrating (what a pun, eh! :D) the beast to some religious freaks.

Beware, they might just build a statue in your honour and start worshipping you as the :evil:Bringer of Apocalypse:evil:. Better be careful, they may also start a cult in your name, all kill themselves, then you'll get arrested ;)

Originally posted by Vehementi

Better be careful, they may also start a cult in your name, all kill themselves, then you'll get arrested ;)

You wouldn't know anything about that Veh, now would you ? ;)

You wouldn't know anything about that Veh, now would you ? ;)

Uhm...of course not...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Phantasm66

Will all of you please get a life. ;)

Uhm, no, why?

/me refers to phantazmm's 3000th post period...

I guess being worshipped by creatures of immense power and connections is off. :(

Just ran some tests last night. The power cord thing was a false alarm, the glow goes away just by itself. It also appears that the monitor is actually storing light energy. If you shine a desk lamp at the screen for a few seconds, the screen will be luminescent for about 30 seconds afterwards. So if you step into the room, turn on the light for a moment to make sure you don't squash the dog while stomping around and then turn off the light, you'll get a nice beacon to find your computer. :) I bet it is a public safety feature built into the monitor :p

Anyway, I haven't noticed this on any other monitors, maybe mine is faulty.
:confused:

Maybe it has a really hi-tech light sensory system built in that adjusts the monitor brigghtness even when its turned off :D

P.S.

I haven't buried the demon possibility. Does anybody have some information what these demons like (food (virgins?), entertainment, mating rituals, sleeping habits, etc.), I really don't want to have a bunch of irritated spawns of evil running around the apartment.

I haven't noticed this on any other monitors, maybe mine is faulty.
:confused:
I have, on nearly every old monitor and television. I'm not sure about my current monitor, I can't get this room dark enough to notice.

Monitor glows in the dark, eh?

As long as you are not pulling out hair, losing teeth or have a constantly queasy stomach - I don't think you are in any danger.

Originally posted by cabrone
weird...
ever since i opened mine and put a glowstick inside, its been doing the same thing
Didn't use up that glowstick from that last rave you were at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back