Spoolsv.exe error on windows 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon,

I have a windows 2000 server with 2 HP deskjet printers, an Oce plotter an HP large format plotter shared through it. It has 2 gig of ram and three scsi hard drives(for files) and an IDE drive as the system drive. The problem I have is that the printers keep dissapearing from the printer folder and it is necessary to stop and restart the spooler service to get them back up and running. I've notice recently in the event viewer that the following message is displayed prior to the printers crashing "Application popup: spoolsv.exe - Application Error :The instruction at "0x77f89dca" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".". I've moved the spool folder to the third SCSI drive which has no other files/folders on it. The problem still occurs at least 2 or 3 times a week.

Any thought's you folks have on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I'm still looking into this but:

Do you have plenty of diskspace? The spooler will stop when it reaches a certain diskspace limitation.

Have you updated the drivers on the server to the latest version?

edit: Just for future reference, this thread should probably be in the Windows OS area.

HoopaJoop,

Thanks. Which drivers are you refering to? The printer drivers? In terms of drivespace the "C"(System) drive has a capacity of 36 gig and free space of 34 gig. The "G" drive which contains the spool folder has a capacity of 34 gig and free space of 34 gig(very little used). I apologize for posting in the wrong group.

Thanks again

Sorry about that, I was referring to the printer drivers.

It looks like you have plenty of drive space. Do you see any events in the event viewer for the spooler service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back