Sporadic Bluescreens (IRQL Error)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

been having a few annoying BSOD errors - they mainly seem to occur when running Cubase SX3 but as this is running 98% of the time on this particular PC it is hard to ascertain whether this is part of the problem.

I have attached 4xminidumps to this post, 2 per Zip - if anyone could have a look and give me an indicator of what may be the root of this problem I would be eternally grateful.

The specs of the offending PC should be in my profile - PC#2 - Intel PC.
Thanks,
ben m

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

3 minidumps crash at usbuhci.sys. This is the Windows UHCI USB Miniport Driver. They all have a bugcheck of D1.

1 minidump crashes at USBPORT.SYS. This is the Windows USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

Uninstall and reinstall your usb drivers. Unplug all your usb devices. Does the system still crash? If not reconnect each usb device one at a time and test your system.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

You should also go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hard drive/page file.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thank you!

Hi Howard,
many thanks for taking the time to look at the minidumps - will get on with the USB reinstalling later. Is the best way to reinstall the USB devices to unplug and then 'uninstall' from device manager?
thanks again for your time,
ben m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back