TechSpot

Spotify planning global expansion of free mobile web radio, report says

By Shawn Knight
Mar 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Spotify is reportedly preparing to launch a mobile streaming radio product outside of the US next month. The free service would be available everywhere the company currently operates and would be ad-supported, according to three people claiming knowledge of the...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,030   +738

I'm looking forward to Spotify at last reaching us in ZA.
  3. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 889   +171

I really like Spotify. Been a paying subscriber for awhile now. I don't see myself unsubscribing anytime soon.
  4. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

Lol gloabl :p
    Shaun2312 likes this.
  5. Shaun2312

Shaun2312 TS Rookie Posts: 20

6. I really do not understand how people compare Pandora to Spotify. Or claim they are competitors. They are about as similar as a Ferrari is to a Smart Car.

Spotify allows you to pick and choose the exact songs that you want to play exactly when you want to hear them. No wondering, no guessing, JUST your chosen songs and nothing but.

Pandora is nothing but a radio station that makes really bad guesses at the type of music you want to hear based on a few song selections. Most of the time it isnt even remotely accurate.

Even Spotify's 'random' radio stations are 1000 times more accurate to your music tastes than Pandora.

There is Zero Comparison.
  7. Jay Pfoutz

Jay Pfoutz Malware Helper Posts: 4,286   +49

It says global now... :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.