TechSpot

Spotify releases list of 2014's most streamed artists worldwide

By Justin Kahn
Dec 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Music streaming service Spotify announced its most popular artists of 2014 today. Topping the list is UK artist Ed Sheernan as the service's most streamed artist worldwide. Other notable mentions are Eminem, Katy Perry, Pharrell, Coldplay and Iggy Azalea.

Read more

2. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 428   +44

Sheernan? Really?

3. captainawesome

Spotify would be getting a lot more subscribers if it would just release their service in more countries.

4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,752   +1,107

Notice the absence of Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber? Taylor pulled her stuff off and it made news, I don't keep up with Justin's stuff, but maybe his stuff isn't on there either. I wonder how the Spotify list compares to the list of money made on tour by artist. I'd guess there are few notable differences, and we shouldn't conclude that high spotify popularity belongs to the most popular musicians.

5. captainawesome

It's Sheeran - not sheerNan

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

Thank you Justin Kahn! Before I was pretty sure I didn't need a streaming service, and now I'm 100% positive.
    I was in a music store a while back, and spied a songbook entitled, "Taylor Swift, Easy Guitar". I wondered to myself what other kind of guitar Swift could possibly play.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014