Sprint announces special edition HTC One M8, Spotify partnership

Shawn Knight

Staff member

sprint spotify htc music htc one m8 harmon kardon

Sprint has announced a special edition HTC One M8 that targets music lovers. The Harman Kardon edition HTC One M8 includes a set of Harman Kardon headphones, a custom color scheme and tuned audio for better sounding playback.

In a press release on the matter, Sprint outlines two key techniques uses to improve audio quality. The first is an application called Clari-Fi that restores and rebuilds music fidelity lost during audio compression. The wireless carrier claims the app yields richer, deeper and clearer sound quality for compressed digital music.

The handset also touts lossless HD audio music reproduction via a 24bit/192kHz DAC that delivers roughly six times the information of compact disc music and 60 times the information of an MP3 or streaming music source when playing high-res digital (FLAC) downloads.

The Harman Kardon edition further includes a set of AE-S in-ear headphones with extended bass response -- a $149 retail value. Reviews of the headphones cite quality audio performance with healthy bass response although the remote buttons aren’t well defined and the cable is somewhat rigid.

Sprint is also treating Framily plan members to six month of free Spotify Premium service so long as they have an Android phone, iPhone or Windows 8/8.1 handset. Those not on a Framily plan can try the service free of charge for three months.

The Harman Kardon HTC One M8 will be available starting May 9.

Permalink to story.

Looks like a pretty sweet package. Too bad Sprint would have to throw in a year of free service to get me back on that cellular glacier they call a network.

Gee, thanks how thoughtful but I've got more important things to do with a phone other than listen to music, which is probably at the very bottom of my list. Not for me.

Gee, thanks how thoughtful but I've got more important things to do with a phone other than listen to music, which is probably at the very bottom of my list. Not for me.

This may surprise you, but it is not all about you. For many people their phone now serves a double purpose as a portable music player. Apparently you are not one of these people, but in the future if you have nothing worthwhile to add to the conversation, try just talking to yourself instead of typing. That way you will only aggravate 1 person.

I would be interested in this phone if it wasn't limited to the Sprint network. Sprint has a terrible signal in my area. Maybe they will bring this phone to Verizon also.

This may surprise you, but it is not all about you. For many people their phone now serves a double purpose as a portable music player. Apparently you are not one of these people, but in the future if you have nothing worthwhile to add to the conversation, try just talking to yourself instead of typing. That way you will only aggravate 1 person.

I would be interested in this phone if it wasn't limited to the Sprint network. Sprint has a terrible signal in my area. Maybe they will bring this phone to Verizon also.
Oh no, I'm totally surprised.
Rule no.1: If you don't like other peoples remarks, ignore them, you have that option. Were all entitled to our opinions (yes, even you).

Got to love how the picture shows the phone with the 'data connectivity lost' icon at the top of the screen.
Yep - Its definitely on Sprint !

Back