Sprint promises full 30-day money back guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Stepping up its game, Sprint announced today that it will offer a new money back guarantee next month. Starting tomorrow, April 1, new customers will be able to test drive the carrier for 30 days. If after that period you're unsatisfied and want to cancel your service, the company will offer a full refund. The same promotion applies to existing customers adding a new line.

What exactly does a "full refund" mean anyway -- there must be a catch, right? Assuming your handset is undamaged, Sprint will repay you the monthly service plan charges, the activation fee, and the purchase price of your phone. Additionally, the company will waive the ETF (Early Termination Fee), the restocking fee, as well as all taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with the aforementioned charges.

You are responsible for expenses not included in your plan, such as premium content, third-party billing, international charges, and any taxes and Sprint surcharges incurred from such extras. Still, it's a step above competing companies that often stick customers with things like activation and restocking fees.

Permalink to story.

Pretty nice, that's the way it should be! Good to see the competition for cell phone users. Now if only they would offer cheaper plans.

Verizon did this before. I jumped, and tried them out for 30 days. I canceled the plan on the 26th day - they nailed me with a $450+ early termination fee and a bill for $260 for the 100 or so minutes that I used on the two lines that I tested with. MANY phone calls later, a few months, and several strong reminders that I was well with-in their evaluation terms they retracted the charges.

I'm with Sprint now, and couldn't be happier.

Well, it's a good sign that these companies are heading in the direction of 'REAL' customer service and satisfaction.

I don't understand how cell phone companies operate, its like this battle vs the consumer. Instead of thinking ahead, hey, maybe this person will come back to us, they screw you over so bad, you'll stick with an inferior carrier just to avoid the smug satisfaction of your former phone company. Who'll want to come back to a company that cost them hundreds of dollars to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back