TechSpot

Sprint promises full 30-day money back guarantee

By Matthew
Mar 31, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stepping up its game, Sprint announced today that it will offer a new money back guarantee next month. Starting tomorrow, April 1, new customers will be able to test drive the carrier for 30 days. If after that period you're unsatisfied and want to cancel your service, the company will offer a full refund. The same promotion applies to existing customers adding a new line.

Read the whole story

2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

Pretty nice, that's the way it should be! Good to see the competition for cell phone users. Now if only they would offer cheaper plans.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Let's just hope it's not an April Fools joke!

4. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

First thing that came to mind for me too :) .

5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 975   +87

Verizon did this before. I jumped, and tried them out for 30 days. I canceled the plan on the 26th day - they nailed me with a $450+ early termination fee and a bill for $260 for the 100 or so minutes that I used on the two lines that I tested with. MANY phone calls later, a few months, and several strong reminders that I was well with-in their evaluation terms they retracted the charges.

I'm with Sprint now, and couldn't be happier.

6. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 584   +32

Well, it's a good sign that these companies are heading in the direction of 'REAL' customer service and satisfaction.

7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I don't understand how cell phone companies operate, its like this battle vs the consumer. Instead of thinking ahead, hey, maybe this person will come back to us, they screw you over so bad, you'll stick with an inferior carrier just to avoid the smug satisfaction of your former phone company. Who'll want to come back to a company that cost them hundreds of dollars to leave?

8. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

I think Im leaving Verizon after my contract

9. customcarvin

customcarvin TS Enthusiast Posts: 102   +7

Me too...

10. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 311

^^^^ Can you hear me now...Probably not

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.