TechSpot

Sprint's new 'Framily Plan' offers deep discounts for you and your friends

By Shawn Knight
Jan 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. AT&T and T-Mobile aren’t the only carriers scheduled to shake up the wireless industry this year. Sprint on Tuesday announced a new family / friend plan that will help new and existing customers save money on their wireless bill each...

Read more

2. Sounds like an epic deal! too bad their svc probably wouldn't compare to verizon which I have now, but might switch over some time just to give it a shot, no contract huh?

3. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

Worst company in the world bleeding customers like crazy. I had them for 12 years got tired of always waiting for the 4g still don't have it in Toledo.

4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 975   +87

We're bound to hear horror stories about any carrier. But I've had personal success with Sprint. When you pay for 4 lines like I do you want a lower monthly bill first and foremost. Then service needs to be available and reliable. I'll tolerate slow, as long as I can get done what I need to do. The speed is improving, but speed isn't in my top 3 needs from a wireless provider. (There always seems to be wifi available in areas which I frequent.) And Sprint's customer service has always taken care of me like we were personal friends or family. Any way, I'm going to enjoy having more money back in my pocket so thanks for that Sprint!

5. As an European, I see no value is such plans. US mobile text/vioice/data plans are total rip-off in my eyes compared to unlimited plans in Europe.
    My wife had Unlimited plan from Scandinavian operator TELE2. Free text, free calls to any operator (not jus "home"network") in home country +plus a 1 Gig of data. price - under 9 USD per month. Competitors network offers a little bit pricier plan, that besides unlimited text / voice to any operator in country adds 1,5 Gigs of data. Price per month - 10 USD.

That's what I call competition. US has no competition between mobile networks operators, just an illusion ..

6. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

I use TING which uses sprint network my 4 lines cost me $84.00. I use to pay over 250 a month. And yes the speed is not my priority. When I switched nothing changed since they use they exact same towers

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.