Sprint's new 'iPhone for Life' option lets you rent the new iPhone 6

1. In an effort to attract new customers, Sprint has announced a host of new plans to go along with the new iPhones that Apple announced yesterday. Prime among them is the iPhone for Life plan that will allow you to rent...

Read more
  2. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Maniac Posts: 519   +139

Just another sales pitch, in the end, it costs a fortune (for any flagship phone at release time). To go with a flagship phone, on average here it seems to add $30-$40 a month extra, based in having a requirement to take one of the higher tiers of their plans. Not worth it in my opinion.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Naturally renting and leasing always ends up costing the consumer an arm and a leg but sometimes they have no other option especially when it comes to cars and houses but a phone?...
    If you want the phone of your dreams but can't afford it, look elsewhere, it's not the end of the world, maybe next time. That would be my philosophy anyway.
  4. NeurotechHD

NeurotechHD TS Rookie Posts: 61   +19

Any high-end smartphone is expensive. Here the advantage is that there's no up-front cost for the phone, which is perfect for someone like me that can afford the monthly payments but would struggle to pay so much in one month.