Sprint's new Unlimited Guarantee locks in your rate plan pricing for life

Shawn Knight

Staff member

We’re just two days removed from SoftBank’s takeover of Sprint and the carrier is already making waves. On Thursday, the wireless provider announced a new program called Unlimited Guarantee that allows new and existing customers to lock in current unlimited talk, text and data plans for the life of their account.

Sprint’s new feature applies to the Unlimited, My Way and My All-in plans and will be available starting today. Compatible plans start at just $80 per month with the ability to mix and match smartphones and feature phones as well as select data tiers. A total of 10 lines can be added to a single account, we’re told.

sprint unlimited guarantee rate plans

Company CEO Dan Hesse said the guarantee frees customers from having to worry about their wireless bill or managing their family’s wireless usage.

Things are certainly heating up in the mobile market, making it more difficult than ever to decide which carrier to select when eyeballing a new phone. Earlier this year T-Mobile debuted a $50 unlimited talk and text plan with tethering. This plan does away with monthly contracts but also requires users to pay full price for a handset (which can be spread out across multiple months to make payment easier).

On Wednesday, the company introduced a new program called Jump that allows customers to upgrade to a new handset every six months at full subsidized pricing. The program will set you back an extra $10 per month but if you are a gadget freak that must have the latest and greatest, look no further.

Permalink to story.

It's not really an ad, they're just spreading the word, facts. if more people know about the fact, they wouldn't be stiffed by likes of ATT. I switched out of that crap ATT and to Tmobile and saved over $20 a month and got more data quota out of my plan, and my wife is also able to get an iphone.

I like how the article was supposed to be about Sprint, but then it completely turned into an ad for T-mobile.

That's because next to the competition T-mobile looks almost too good to be true and we're all secretly hoping they're not going to come out and say they're losing their shirt on all these great plans and they have to put an end to them. T-mo's only real downside is their coverage map, which depending on where you live, may not even affect you.

When they say your rate is good 'For Life' is that the life of the customer or the life of Sprint? Because a quick stop over at yahoo finance shows they lose around 3-4 billion each year. We may be around longer than they are.

Same with Dodge/Chrysler. before they went bankrupt, dodge and Chrysler started offering life time powertrain warranties on majority of their vehicles.

Wow. Sprint is actually trying hard. I think this may actually work. Improve your coverage and I will come back.

All Cellphone Companies need to drop their prices and give us limited data plans. I really don't use my smartphone for data once I cross the line I hit with extra fees. I had to use the Hotpot feature when we had a very long brown out that worked! Some told me it cost $30 a month extra for using the cell phone that way. But I wasn't charge anything more.

Why lock yourself in to paying a large amount for calls and text when all you really need is data?
Maybe it's not fully here yet but voice and text over IP is coming fast and the mobile/cell operators are scared.

Back