SpyStorm 2008 SpyMaxx Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpyStorm 08 and SpyMaxx Malware infection May 2008

I would like to thank each member and the moderators for this site. It is truly priceless information contained herein. I spent in excess 20 hours trying to remove the SpyStorm 2008 infection that somehow found its way onto my home system. This site provided the solution. I had to perform one more step that I did not see recommended here (see first post in this thread posted by Julio). I consider myself capable of handling most spyware and malware infections however, this particular program proved to be a formidable adversary. The following is my recommendations in addition to the exact steps outlined above.

a. If possible run all your removal software from a thumb/usb drive when your computer is infected with this malware.
b. I modified the above instruction to run a program called SDFix immediately after following the above instructions. WARNING: SDFix requires above average knowledge about operating systems to use.
c. It should be noted that there are variations of this infection that will prevent some or most of the programs recommended from actually running. This infection actually blocks the fix built into some software products. Be patient once you clear registry and memory writes your home free to remove.
d. SDFix does a great job of loading before most processes and killing part or most of the infection which will allow you to follow or repeat the steps exactly as outlined above by Julio.

For those that are unfortunate enough to have this problem I believe this site contains the correct solution. Because each and every PC is configured differently this may not work on yours. Please follow the advice of the experts here on this forum.

Thank you again.

That is why we ask for logs. A lot of the tools used to remove serious infections should not be used without guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back