Spyware backround? and pop up on toolbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.
I recently aquired sum spyware on my cumputer and its really bothering me and slowing down my pc. I have no idea where or how it got onto my computer but its there. anyway the sneaky little bugger has changed my back round. it now says

black backround
" warning spyware detected on your computer."
Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer
click to view the top list of spyware removers. " (this is a link)

anyway here is a log file im not sure what anything in there means so any help would be appreciated. btw im new to the whole hjt scene and all my brother used to do this kinda stuff but I cant rely on him forever so I gotta learn sumtime right?

anyhelp would be appreciated.
also my msn is greens4jay@hotmail.com if anyone would like to add me to there msn to help me .

thanks to everyone in advance.

actually thanks to noone lol I fixed it myself or at least I think I did. hurray for me!

Attachments

• log file1.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 10
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel, and uninstall anything to do with(if there)

C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\Sympatico Consumer

Close control panel.

Open your task manager by pressing the ctrl/alt/delete keys together, and click on the processes tab. End process for(if there)

IPClient.exe
IPMon32.exe
intell321.exe
lib.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open, and let HJT fix the following by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there)

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://home.l2extreme.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightLAN 01] "C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\Sympatico Consumer\IPClient.exe" -l
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightMonitor 01] "C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\Sympatico Consumer\IPMon32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cleaner] lib.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [intell321.exe] C:\windows\system32\intell321.exe

O23 - Service: Windows Logon Process Service (MSWinLogonProcService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\winlogon.exe" -service (file missing)

Now click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Delete the following bold files(if there).

C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\Sympatico Consumer\IPClient.exe" -l
C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\Sympatico Consumer\IPMon32.exe"
C:\windows\system32\intell321.exe

Boot into normal mode, and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

ok i will give that a try but before i do i wanna tell you guys i did a system restore to like two days ago and everything seems to be fine should i post another log?

Just follow the above instructions. If you`re still having problems after that, then by all means post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back