Spyware Detection Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning and Happy belated Thanksgiving! I recently discovered I fell victim to the "Spyware Detection Alert" icon in my taskbar. I ran the preliminary 15 steps and it seems to have cleared up my problem. Attached are my Combofix log and HJT log. All my virus and spyware scans yielded "nothing found". Thanks in advance!

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Rdlxtgee

Close control panel.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE

Folder::
C:\Program Files\Rdlxtgee
C:\VundoFix Backups
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\162C24
C:\Program Files\gtibyxkr
C:\Program Files\Bltcktyn

Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{200D0AAD-71B1-51C9-DDB0-092BA4662A54}]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"UpdReg"=-

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of spd2549 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Well, I followed the instructions and Combofix did its thing, but when it rebooted, it never created a log.....it just stayed in "do not open any programs until combofix is finished" mode. I rebooted and ran combofix again nd it was much faster on reboot, but still froze and no log created. I have attached a new HJT log for your perusal. Thanks in advance. Computer seems to be running fine, but the combofix problem worries me. Oh, I just noticed the clock never reset to its normal settings. Its still in 24 hour mode.

Your HJT log is clean.

I really need to see a fresh Combofix log.

Click start/run and type combofix /u into the run box and hit the enter key. That should delete Combofix and all it`s folders etc. Reboot your system.

Download combofix.exe to your desktop. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "1" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log. Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Post the Combofix log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of spd2549 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you for your reply. I decided to re-format after all. I've had the computer for awhile now and I figured it was probably a good idea to start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back