Spyware Doctor. Access violation at address 00EEBD4D

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been wanting to update my spyware doctor. but this message keeps coming out "access violation at address 00EEBD4D". i'm new with computers so i have no idea what to do. this is the error report "WER3ccf.dir00\update.exe.mdmp". what should i do? help please..

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

I'm not sure why Spyware Doctor is giving the access violation error messages; I recommend removing and reinstalling it to see if that fixes the problem.

Do you get access violation messages in other programs as well?

Regards :)

hi

i already reinstalled spyware doctor 2 times. it's still giving the same error. this doesn't happen to my other programs just this one.

thanks for replying!

Which version of Spyware Doctor are you using? If it is version 4.x, you should upgrade to the latest version. Also, do you have any Norton programs installed?

The version compactiblity is the problem - so you have to get a patch or an update from the software support. General protection error or page fault all are same category errors which is harming your system stability or security issues. Thanks

to steelfatboy: it is version 3.2... i guess its an old one ey.. but i found out that my subscription is disabled that's why i can't update. well i guess that's the prize of getting something on sale.

to codex computing: what would be a good anti virus program? is it adviseable to have an antivirus and an anti spyware prgogram at the same time?

to jj77: i can't get online support. the site told me i don't have an authentic program. i guess i got con when i bought it. i probably have the fake one. i installed it the way i would any other programs. load the cd, put in the serial number and load. ut's weird. im not good at this. but thanks!

I think you have a cracked version of spydoctor when u try to update u got macilious code from the site server and the program is now corrupted - better option is to uninstall and reinstall from the original state and dont try to update online unless u get one original version - try downloading the update from the site and install it by yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back