Spyware Infection Has Detected virus on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked at plenty of posts, but it appears that there isn't a commercial product for removing this nuisance.

The ones I saw suggest ruhhing lots of software, which does nothing towards eliminating this pest, then running a proprietary product that doesn't work with Vista.

Anyone have a solution for Vista?

I've already ran lots of spyware removers out there... SpyBot, AVG, PC-Cillin, CCleaner.

What are the best steps to take, given that I have no other virii and I've already ran the above?

Isn't there a boot to safe mode and then remove certain files and registry settings sort of solution?

I find it difficult to understand how this rather simple virus eludes removal by most virus software and virus professionals.

-k

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`ve seen a quite few viruses on Vista and so far, in almost every case, I`ve been able to find a way of getting rid of them.

Go HERE and follow as many of the instructions as you can. I know some of the tools/programmes won`t work with Vista, so just do the best you can.

Post the requested log files, once done.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of synapsevampire only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

That`s funny, I was under the impression Combofix didn`t work with Vista!

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of synapsevampire only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Perhaps it doesn't usually, but it did for me, there were some long delays though.

The usual smithfraudfix does not work, it even comes up with a complaint about the OS.

Thanks for your advice, I had already done purdy much everything on your list except the combofix, so it was relatively painless.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back