Spyware on Purchased Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello -
Situation thus:
-I bought a used laptop which had a bit of spyware on it
-The laptop did not come with restore disks, or I would have just reinstalled the OS and rebuilt
-I ran a few anti-spyware programs, as well as Avast! antivirus
-Spyware returned
-I ran through the "eight steps" process on this forum, and am posting the requested logs.

Can you help me confirm what needs to be done to completely clean this laptop? Logs attached.

Thanks,
R. Stewart

Hi Stewart

Isn't that 8 Step process great.

Run HJT Scan only select and remove the below.
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

Since both mbam and sas show they cleaned much. We need to run them both again in case the first clean exposed others not seen on the first run.

So do them again post me a clean log for each and a final HJT last and we may be finished.

Mike

Okay, re-ran the scans and the logs are attached.

A couple more pieces of info, not sure if they help.

When I run msconfig, in the startup tab I see a number of entries that to me look suspicious. They are all unchecked, but if you want to know what they are I can get that list to you.

Second, running Spybot and Avast gave different items in their logfiles (I ran a number of anti-spyware items as noted in my first post; the attachments to this, though, were run immediately after the run of 8 steps, so I've followed that process as directed.) I can post those logfiles if you'd like.

Thanks!
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back