Spyware Terminator, ClamAV and NOD32

By Jungchen
Jul 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everybody,
    I'm running NOD32 as antivirus and Comodo as firewall on my computer.
    I was looking for a free-real time protection against spyware and found Spyware Terminator.
    My question is, during the install of the programme, I installed ClamAV (which is obviously an antivirus).
    So, can NOD32 and CLamAV (which is integrated in the real time protection shield of Spyware Terminator) work together on the same machine without interfering with one another?
    Any advice or feedback about Spyware Termiantor would be nice,
    thanks
  2. momok

momok Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,272

Hi,

Please see HERE for more information on Spyware Terminator. It was delisted in 2006, but that does not signify it is good for use though.

Some of the best and trusted programs can be found HERE.

Regardless of software brand, it is not recommended to run more than one antivirus and one firewall at any point of time as it may slow down your system or even cause serious conflicts.

I would recommend you uninstall Spyware terminator and ClamAV and stick to NOD32 and Comodo. Both are recommended programs and certainly provide a strong defence for your system. If you are looking to up the security level on your system, here are some other miscelleneous programs which I recommend.
    Spybot Search & Destroy. < use this if you have no other real time monitoring programs such as spyware doctor.
    Ccleaner.

That said, the best form of protection is still knowledge and sensible online user habits.
    May I recommend you to read this article.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
    Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Junchen only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  3. Jungchen

Jungchen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 71

I read the article about the trusted programmes you gave me,
    So would u suggest that I uninstall Spyware Terminator and Install SpywareGuard instead?
    I already use Spywareblaster, AdAware 2007, SpyBotSD and of course the excellent Ccleaner! But I still have some spyware issues for no obvious reasons. So I want to install a FREE real-time anti-spyware soft.
    Is SpywareGuard a better choice than Spyware Terminator? I find that Spyware Terminator looks very promising, and it may become one of the good free anti-spywares out there.
  4. momok

Hi,

Quite frankly, I do not really see the need for one more program. I personally use AdAware, AVG antispyware, SpyBot, CCleaner, AVG Antivrus and Comodo. It's fairly similar to your setup, considering you have NOD for your antivirus choice. If you really wish to obtain another peice of software for antispyware, I would recommend AVG.

Regards,
    Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Jungchen only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  5. Jungchen

Jungchen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 71

do you use the free or the plus edition of AVG antispyware?
    thanks for your advice ;-)
  6. momok

I use the free edition. It is quite good enough for me, I find.
    Usually paid for editions are used by official organisations, corporations and schools.

Regards,
    Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Jungchen only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  7. Tokar

Tokar Newcomer, in training

Hello I work for Spyware Terminator and wish to respond to your concerns.

Please be aware that the listing on SpywareWarrior was only precautionary and was not due to anything malicious found in the software. Please read Eric Howes' reply on DSLReports forums for information about the listing. It should clear any confusion about this listing:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16652263

(post by eburger68 on 2006-08-19 at 08:18:52)

We fully stand behind the quality of Spyware Terminator and feel is a high quality solution that everyone should use to protect their computer, for free mind you.

There has never been adware or malware or anything with Spyware Terminator. It is has always been free and 100% clean and up to par with the standards peoeple set forth for antispyware programs.

Spyware Terminator works perfectly fine with all popular security software such as Comodo and NOD32 and most security experts say you should run more than one antispyware program to maintain the integrity of your computer and we feel Spyware Terminator fills the bid quite nicely, especially since it is 100% free.

If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reply here, or to send me a personal message.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.