TechSpot

spyware, virus...pop ups...

By Matt_b
Jul 4, 2006
  1. Hi guys,

i read on the forum that something similar had already happened, i hope u can help me, im getting really pissed off!!!

I dont know exactly when or how,but i got affected by some spyware and malware. I tried several anti spyware and antivirus, but i cant get rid of it. It is something that opens every 3 min at least 3 or 4 new advertisment windows...it doesnt look like a pop up problem...and it is very annoying...it's taking me ages to post this thread as well!!!
    I run Hjt but it doesnt seem to find something different from the normal programs i used to have, the antivirus as well cant find anything special...

Id really appreciate if you guys could help me!!!,

tnx
    Matt

2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Hello Matt b.Welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.Then post an HJT log.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Follow the instructions exactly in the link Peddant gave you.

Then, post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

4. Matt_b

Matt_b TS Rookie Topic Starter

hijackthis attachment

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay in posting this thread, work sometimes takes time.
    I tried to follow all ur instructions, but something didnt work.
    Especially:

- SmitFraudFix didnt work at all on my pc
    - Look2me Destroyer didnt work as well, i can see that a lot of the others anti-malware programs cant get rid of it!
    - I had some problems with SmartKiller too.
    - AdAware cant remove some infections, even rebooting the system.
    vx2cleaner reported that maybe i am affected by some new versions of the malware...dont know what to think...
    - I tried to run other programs to solve the problem, and nothing happened.

Again I ask for some help, and i thank u guys a lot

I attach my hijackthis log file, hope i will get rid this annoying stuff!!!sorry if i did a lot of mess with it, hope not!

Cheers,

Matt

PS If u need me to attach some others .log files i will do it as soon as possible

5. howard_hopkinso

You do have the Look2me infection.

You need to see if you can get the Look2me destoyer to work.

Go HERE and follow the instructions carefully.

Post a fresh HJT log after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

6. Matt_b

Matt_b TS Rookie Topic Starter

Tnx

Thanks howard,

it looks like i got rid of the annoying problem. Anyway I post another hijackthis .log file.
    I have other two questions:

- When i start the computer, I got an error message that says w0051d80.dll missing, is it an error that could create problems?

- Which firewall do u think is the best, and antivirus?

cheers,

Matt

7. howard_hopkinso

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [w0051d80.dll] RUNDLL32.EXE w0051d80.dll,I2 0017274600051d80

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

After doing the above, your startup message should`ve gone.

As far as antivirus and firewalls go, I recommend AVG free and the free Zonealarm firewall.

You can get them HERE and HERE.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.