spyware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvin_111111

my browser opens new sites automatically that i don't intend to go into. is this spyware? if it is, how can i clean it and make it stop?

its probably some kind of spyware or virus
make a scan with ad aware 2007 or spybot search and destroy.
if you haven't got rid of the problem by then, post another message.

Hi

Very Important: Malware infections can possibly lead to identity theft, loss of funds from bank accounts, misuse of credit card information etc. Therefore I strongly encourage you to please read this thread HERE before deciding what course of action to take regarding your infection.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of marvin_111111 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Please navigate to www.virustotal.com.

In the Upload a file section, click the Choose... button.

Navigate to the following file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Cnmbjun5.dll

Click the Open button, then click Send File.

Make note of the results.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system." See how HERE.

Search for the filename ravmon.exe and delete all instances found.

I notice you have AVG and F-Secure anti-virus installed at the same time. This is not recommended, as it can cause serious conflicts. Uninstall one of your anti-virus programs.

Then please post fresh HijackThis and ComboFix logs, as well as the results of the VirusTotal scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of marvin_111111 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back