Square Enix Montreal's next-gen Hitman project canceled

By Russ Boswell
Jan 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Disappointing news out of Canada today as we're finding out that the next installment in the Hitman saga has been canceled. The next-gen release was under development by Square Enix Montreal, a group that had planned to re-imagine the Hitman...

Read more
  2. So in other words the title of this story is completely misleading? The project hasn't been cancelled, just handed over to a different studio?
  3. Forg0t2

Forg0t2 TS Booster Posts: 147   +25

Yeah, that's kinda the whole point of the story. So Hitman fans who read nothing but titles will probably cry for nothing,...
  4. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 620   +118

The title seems ok because its specifies the project by Square Enix Montreal. The first sentence though seems off considering later in the article it is stated that there is a AAA Hitman title in development. But whatevs! I got the point so it's not like I care.
  5. Not yet, but seems that way, that they will, possible by other Square Enix studio in some place, but not by Montreal.
  6. Bleary

Bleary TS Rookie

If it's anything like the last Hitman game they should throw the whole thing in the bin.
  7. Agreed. Absolution was a slap in the face to Hitman fans. The next one hopefully shifts away from that PoS.
  8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

I dunno, I've quite enjoyed all the Hitman titles thus far but Absolution was an unashamedly quick, cheap console port.