SSID Questions

able6actual

I have two questions about my router, I have a D-Link DIR-880L that I have been using for about a year now. It is set up with all the security features I know of from a strong wifi passwords and I have changed the Admin login info as well and I change the SSID name and passwords every couple months.
I recently connected with one of my laptops (it is running Windows 10) to my home network and I noticed something odd, the laptop showed I had connected to a SSID name that I had used but had switched away from twice ( the name I had used but had changed it and passwords twice since) I was wondering why that would happen.
My next question is if I choose the option to not transmit my SSID will I be able to connect to my home network wirelessly still?
Thank you in advance for your help

If you do not broadcast then obviously it will not show up, so you must manually enter it. Not sure if it will auto connect in the future. However, a good passphrase is sufficient so I always use the broadcast.

Yes, it would bother me to see old SSIDs showing up. I would rest the router to defaults and reconfigure it to set all straight again. (also take a backup of the config after you're done)

Back