TechSpot

SSL Implementation

By Anandsand
Apr 11, 2007
  1. I would be very glad if anyone can give me a good solution the below problem..

I have a domain abc.com (internal – IP 192.169.1.0 range) which was nated from a public IP say 10.10.10.1 . My external users use my public IP to access some citrix applications.

Now I want to install SSL setup for my Citrix applications. For that I am going to purchase another external domain – say xyz.com. After this my external users will access the application like www.xyz.com/citrix..

So here, I need to know how I can point the DNS of new domain xyz.com to my external IP (10.10.10.1) . Also I would like to know is there any changes to be done on my internal domain DNS

In case, If I am making my internal domain abc.com into SSL by using MS Certificate or Verizon certificate, instead of buying a new domain.. whether the external users can access the application using the same public IP in a SSL mode..Pls. clarify.

Regards,
    Anand

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,351   +622

Think you have this backwards; all 10.*.*.* are private, non-routable class A addresses.
    Your 192.169.*.* is a public class C address

Your SSL Cert needs to be bound to the Public address.

3. Anandsand

Anandsand TS Rookie Topic Starter

I just mentioned two IPS to understand the scenario..If you consider that my Public IP canot be routed..take 80.220.* * as my public IP..the other on is as I mentioned Internal one - 192.168.*.* ..Can u suggest how I can implement the SSL ..

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,351   +622

You're going to need to be able to configure your webserver
    (Whiich one are you using?)
    Load the SSL library code (Google for OpenSSL)
    and generate or purchase a certificate.

On this last point, see your webserver documentaion.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.